Saturday, February 7, 2009

After graduation..

I graduated last May and the job search was very long and  challenging (sometimes frustrating).  Now, I have chosen to go back to an engineering position in a startup in the Bay Area, because I could no longer afford to wait, I do not see any immediate economic recovery, and my long term plan is still the same whether I take up an engineering or marketing position.  If I had an option to change something, I could have tried the traditional MBA routes such as consulting or leadership programs. Back then, I decided against them because I already had lot of experience and did not want to wander for a few more years.

In the meantime, I get a lot of questions from prospective students and I thought I will answer them as separate blog post rather than responding to their comments made on an earlier post.

PS: One of the FastTrack MBA student has shown interest to contribute/take over this blog. Other current MBA program students are welcome to join. Just shoot me an email to add you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am trying to decide on getting an MBA next year. I have ~6yrs of experience in engineering and I am considering product management, or at times, a complete switch to corporate finance. I am currently in the process of talking to folks in these fields to find out more about them. Any pointers from your experience?

Amit said...

your blog is too good. Cool in looks informative in Material...Thanks For sharing Information with Us. .
mba india

bachelor of science in business administration Columbus, OH said...

I want to do MBA course. When I searched for it, I found your blog. Keep posting more information please. Do stay in touch.

Embeays said...

A group of students at Harvard Business School (HBS) is building a database for you to view sets of HBS application essays from real candidates who were successful. We offer not just a single, sample essay, but an applicants’ set of 4 essays that won them admissions to HBS. Check us out at http://www.mbabee.com/ for a free set and start writing better essays today.