Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Company registration is done!

In my previous post, I talked about registering a company in Japan. Now it is finally done. My company is called Audia K.K. (acronym for Kabushiki Kaisha, which is c-corp in Japanese). For those of you who know me, it was previously called PhonoVillage, but it was just too damn hard for Japanese to pronounce it, so I changed it to something simpler.

Like I said, I wrote by-laws myself, so there were a few typos and some mistakes and I had to go back'n'forth to the registration office, but it was relatively easy to fix. I am glad I did it all by myself. Now I understand what each clause in bylaw actually means (,which I didn't quite get back in MBA days). For those of you who are thinking about registering a business, it's not as complicated as it seems, and I just can't believe some lawyers charge so much money for something like this.

Now that it's done, I can now put all the paper work behind and work on the actual business. The next milestone will be the lauch of a beta website, which I hope to accomplish within 2 weeks. Stay tuned!

No comments: